Thursday, July 13, 2006

think...

I like long drives along the freeway, heading home after clubs, listening to more slower tunes. It's extremely relaxing. I got into my car after drinks at Balaclava and Zouk, sans my sister as she wants to hang out more with her friends at zouk. Switched on Class 95 and what do i hear? A very soulful rendition of Yellow by Tanya Chua. I started singing along to it. I have always loved Coldplay's rendition but Tanya didn't disappoint. I got into a daze and thought about everything under the sun. Songs always remind me of a significant event : the time, the date, the episode, and the people involved.

From "yellow", I pop my cd and it went onto a string of other songs : Collide by Howie Day (All time fave), BeWitU by PCD, For My Babies by Simply Red, and of course Goodbye My Lover by James Blunt. People who said that sad people shouldn't listen to sad songs is so true. At that moment, i felt alone. And i just so much yearn for a hug from a loved one, or a friend. But i know at the bottom of my heart, i have people who love me.... As the songs die down, that Beep from my cell phone reminding me of a friend being concerned is there. Once again, i smile and felt like the luckiest chick in the world. :)

3 comments:

-ben said...

Yes, you are the luckiest chick in the world.

Stay beautiful, babe!

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»