Sunday, July 27, 2008

keeping myself sane...

In my daily life, whether at work or at play, i often meet people who are highly strung-out. There's always a fine line between obsession and treating it as something else. I find myself wondering if i will ever tip the line. For triathlon, I guess i keep telling myself it's a hobby, it's to occupy my time. And Mr. E truly thinks it's helping me stay sane, controls my emotions and how i feel. Sometimes, i wonder what keeps driving me to finish a triathlon. Is it the adrenaline? or is there an unseen force? Reeves once said to me "there's always something pushing you...". I thought about it... and i think the person is myself. What drives these people? What drives these triathletes? What drives you?

As the season is winding down, with just the Singapore Ironman70.3 which i have decided to bail out on, i find myself with fewer reasons to wake up on weekend mornings. I have sat out two weekends (one on my own accord, cos there's nothing to train on; the next weekend was i have to entertain my cousins, so if i head out, it means bad news the entire day). Oh, the joys of sleeping in :). And you can't deny the bed being extremely tempting, along with fluffy pillows, and blacked-out rooms.

Oh yes... but i do miss being marked down. The post-Osim tan....
Btw, the boys pooled money together to buy the number, but it didn't come out. bummer....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.