Friday, April 11, 2008

affirming yet another frivolous belief...

As much as i walk the walk and talk the talk about being a "brother", and the boys acknowledging me as one of them, others are quick to point out i'm still female and perhaps feminine, in terms of my choice of clothes (i love dresses), and colors (hot pink rocks!), and of cos emotions (sensitivity and innate whining).

This week, i have yet another female characteristics being highlighted to me that i am still a female. The story goes that Jin Kiat, the guy who can run a 3 hr 20 minutes marathon, went for a jog with me. I am sorry to slow you down, dude. Heh! At the end of that 8km run, i had a bloodied shoe, thanks to a bloody blister and the fact i forgot to bring socks. The blister was a result of me not wanting to dirty my pair of white Gucci shoes, due to a downpour. Come on, who would dirty a nice pair of white Gucci shoes? It would be such a sin. So i put on a pair of pumps and went for lunch. That one hour proved to be a costly mistake, of cos, add the running, it's awfully in pain, and bleeding.

Jin Kiat had only one thing to say : AI SWEE MAI MIAH ( literally, rather be pretty over losing my life). The vanity of women... tsk tsk, but i had such a justification : Gucci. He went onto add : women are known to have high threshold of pain, you have proven it. Right... *rolls eyes*
Of cos Juls asked me why i would run with a blister. And then Sean asked me to rest.

Of cos, i did not heed advices, and went for another run the very next day, going for 10km, just by placing a plaster over that wounded pus-filled thing and not forgetting socks (ugly black ones for fear i stain those dstrainers). Ewwwww i know. But i did the 10km and did it feel great.

Of cos running those mileage only made me feel one thing.
Absolutely zero guilt having that heineken or that lychee martini or that nice asahi beer. Ooh...









So before you decide to drink up, let's just keep on running.









This message has been brought to you by yours truly, after watching way too many Heineken ads and having way too many Heineken beers.

No comments: